Saturday, the crew turned out to clean up the soccer field, erect the lights and stands and oil up the chain saws. Sunday, we unloaded and staged our first tree delivery. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, sales begin!
Westfield Y Men’s Club Prepares for Holiday Community Service
Established in 1947, the Westfield Y’s Men’s Club has been operating for over 60 years. Our club has been very successful by selling Christmas Trees as our primary fundraising method. Since the beginning of the club:
- We have raised over $2,000,000 for community charitable grants.
- At approximately three tractor-trailer loads per year, the number of trees sold by the Y’s Men would fill Giants Stadium!
The Westfield Y Men’s Club is a group of men who raise money for charitable causes and socialize together.
- To function as a service club for the YMCA and area youth
- To support worthy organizations
- Have fun – through the club you can meet people and make life-long friends.
- Cultivate fellowship, integrity, and volunteerism – we believe that it’s important to give back to the community.
- Mutual respect – we are an inclusive club and welcome anyone who shares the above values and interests regardless of faith, race, origin or
You don’t have to live in Westfield to join! Current membership spans Berkeley Heights, Clark, Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, and Scotch Plains.
Commitment to Volunteerism
To be a member, we ask for:
- A few hours of your time to help staff Tree Lot operations and sales during the holiday season (Thanksgiving – Christmas).
- Annual membership dues.
In addition, and at your discretion, we seek your counsel and participation in the following activities:
- Business / Social Meetings – Our meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month. On the second Wednesday, the meeting is held at the Westfield YMCA and, on the fourth Wednesday, it is held at a local restaurant. Prospective members are welcome at all meetings, and your first dinner is on us!